The Talent Search program identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to and complete their postsecondary education. The program publicizes the availability of financial aid and assists the participant with the postsecondary application process.
Types of Services
Talent Search provides tutorial services, career exploration, aptitude assessments, counseling, mentoring programs, information on postsecondary institutions; education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students and activities previously mentioned that are specially designed for students who are limited English proficient, students from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education.
Services provided by Talent Search:
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling including advice on entry or to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs